REPORT ON PUBLIC PROCUREMENT, TESTBEDS, AND REGULATIONS IN THE HEALTH INNOVATION SPACE
Testbeds, public procurement and regulation are important development areas for startups that are also closely linked to each other. This report aims to increase the understanding of the experiences and needs of Finnish health and well-being startups and other ecosystem actors, along with showcasing best practices from Finland and other Nordic Countries, and introducing possible solutions to challenges in these areas.
NORDIC HEALTH RESOLUTION
The Nordic Health Resolution was produced as an outcome of the Health100 unconference organised by Upgraded Health Startup Association on the 2nd of October, 2019 in Hanasaari Culture and Conference center. This paper presents a summary of the key takeaways and action points, which were raised and discussed by the guests, on how to develop healthcare in the future.
Click here to read Nordic Health Resolution
THE FINNISH HEALTH STARTUP INDUSTRY REPORT 2017
One of the goals of Upgraded Health Startups Association is to create an overall picture of the health and wellbeing startup industry in Finland, to promote the ecosystem and to strengthen Finland’s position in the sector. The Finnish Health Startup Industry report functions as a tool for development of activities in the ecosystem. We hope that this report gives you a better understanding of the current health startups and the challenges they face.
Below, we are collecting a knowledge bank of services and collaboration opportunities offered by public and private organizations for health startups.
HUBS AND COMMUNITIES
- Search for funding or team members through the Hub platform
- The list of co-working spaces in Helsinki
GROWTH AND INTERNATIONALIZATION
- Vertical.vc collaboration programs for startups and corporate teams
- Find a business partner in developing counties
- These are the top healthtech accelerators in Europe
SUPPORT AND INFO SERVICES
- Network of Life Science Mentors
- SPARK program: accelerating academic and clinical discoveries
- Training package for health tech companies about relevant regulations (in Finnish)
- Team Finland market opportunities abroad
- Startup Kit: Your checklist when moving to Finland as a startup entrepreneur
- Papula Nevinpat IPR-pikaopas startupeille
- How to get public funding in Finland?
- EU projects and programme funding opportunities
- Financing for the start, growth and internationalization of enterprises from Finnvera
- The Finnish Business Angels Network: For Startups
- The Finnish Venture Capital Association
- Icebreaker VC community for pre-founders and early-stage startups
- Nordea Junior loans and SME bonds
HOSPITALS AND TESTING ENVIRONMENTS
- HUS Findery: startup pitching event organised in clinical units
- OuluHealth Labs – a unique test and development environment
- Nordic Proof - network of test beds in the Nordic hospitals
- Helsinki University Hospital Testbed services
- Apotti ecosystem for innovation, pilots and full-scale commercialisation
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Finnish Health Startup Industry report 2017
- How to raise venture capital and private equity funding – a guide for entrepreneurs
- Guide to Finding an Angel Investment
- Large-scale implementation and adoption of the Finnish national Kanta services in 2010–2017: a prospective, longitudinal, indicator-based study
- Report: It is worth investing in health promoting technologies for elderly
- 6 Ground Rules for Health Tech Startups
- Startup Development Phases Check-list
- The Finnish Startup Permit for international entrepreneurs
- Checklist: Moving to Finland as a startup entrepreneur
- Investing in digital health: checklist for early-stage tech startups
- You’ve run a successful digital health pilot. Now what?